Title: Podcast Editor
Hours: 15 - 30 hours per week. Varies depending on current client work schedule roster.
Compensation: To be discussed - varies depending on current client roster and your level of experience.
Contract Term: 6 months minimum but for the right candidate, this will likely extend.
If you love listening to podcasts, love learning about random things and want experience working in this fast growing field, then you need to apply for this job. I’m currently looking for an audio editor to take raw audio supplied and create podcast episodes in accordance with the specifications provided by me (the boss). My business currently handles the editing, music supervision, video podcast production and transcribing of 12 - 15 podcasts (and climbing) from clients all over the world. It’s a flippin’ sweet job!
- Editing all raw audio
- Professional mixing (eq’s, compression, audio quality improvements etc)
- Be able to get a feel for the flow of the show and edit accordingly
- Add in any sponsor audio (generally these have been pre-recorded by the client)
- Occasionally create custom music and sound fx or source royalty-free music. You will also have access to a sound library for insertion of these elements where appropriate.
- General mastering to provide a professional sound level
- Formatting for online upload including ID3 tagging. You’ll be exporting mostly to .mp3 or .aiff
- Upload and download via a shared Google Drive
- Be able to diagnose technical issues
- Work to the deadlines. These are generally within one week of receiving an assignment. You will receive multiple assignments throughout any given week
- Communicating with me regularly to provide updates on current projects and any issues
- A high level of experience working in audio editing, mixing and mastering
- Working in Pro Tools is an absolute must for this role
- Experience editing speech would give you extra brownie points
- You’ll need your own studio set up as you will be expected to work remotely
- You need to be contactable on a daily basis via email or Slack
- Experience working in Slack and Asana is desirable, but not essential
- Experience in video editing would be great as this could create extra work for you
- Generally be tech savvy.
- Creative, curious, high energy
- High attention to detail. Like almost OCD level. Your ears have got to be nuts to pick up the sounds you’ll be exposed to sometimes
- Be proactive, use your best judgment, address things that need attention without direction
- Humour is pretty important to me in an employee. If you can make me laugh, you get extra points
- Be excitable
- Think that podcasts are wonderful as you’ll be listening to a hell of a lot of them!
If you think you’re a good fit for the job, send an email to email@example.com with your resume, any links to audio that you have edited, mixed, mastered (a portfolio or EPK would be great but not necessary) and a cover letter telling me why you want to work with me. I would like you to include 1 - 2 references to back up how great you are.